Year 10 Work Experience 2021
Hinchingbrooke School believes in the real benefits of work experience to all our Year 10 students. We have endeavoured to be in a position, through internal and external experience in running these schemes, to provide the platform to place over 300 students in a work placement over 2 weeks.
Alison Tanton-Smith (ATS)
Direct Dial: 01480-420535
Why is Work Experience Important?
It enables students to:
- Find out about the world of work
- Work with adults
- Behave in a responsible and mature way.
- Experience the disciplines of going to work and a daily work routine.
- Learn the employability skills of punctuality, safety, accuracy, good manners and professional conduct.
- To find out which skills and attitudes employers look for.
- Understand some aspects of the way in which a business works, e.g. working conditions and procedures, finance, management, marketing, distribution, customer care etc.
- Learn new skills.
- Gain an increased awareness of their own personal qualities, skills, abilities, strengths and weaknesses build up confidence.
- Develop self reliance and flexibility
- Take responsibility for organizing themselves to travel to and from the work placement