Year 10 Work Experience
Hinchingbrooke School believes in the real benefits of work experience to all our Year 10 students. We have endeavoured to be in a position, through internal and external experience in running these schemes, to provide the platform to place over 300 students in a work placement over 2 weeks.
Please download your Work Experience Form
During the week commencing Monday 19 June and Monday 26 June 2023 please use the following mobile number: 07808 524425 if you need to contact the school.
WHy is work experience important?
It enables students to:
- Find out about the world of work
- Work with adults
- Behave in a responsible and mature way
- Experience the disciplines of going to work and a daily work routine
- Learn the employability skills of punctuality, safety, accuracy, good manners and professional conduct
- To find out which skills and attitudes employers look for
- Understand some aspects of the way in which a business works, e.g. working conditions and procedures, finance, management, marketing, distribution, customer care etc
- Learn new skills
- Gain an increased awareness of their own personal qualities, skills, abilities, strengths and weaknesses build up confidence
- Develop self-reliance and flexibility
- Take responsibility for organising themselves to travel to and from the work placement
Resources for Work Experience 2023: