Year 10 Improve your child's potential success -Thursday 3rd October 2013
Please come along to an evening devoted to providing information, guidance and support to maximise success in the courses your child will be studying and the examinations they will be sitting at the end of this crucial two years in their education.
There will be a range of stalls and sessions on this evening, which cover the whole spectrum of achievement in Years 10 and 11. During the evening, you will;
- Find out key dates and information from each subject, plus hints and tips to maximise attainment in each course
- Hear advice on developing effective learning habits from successful Year 12 and 13 students
- Visit a ‘live’ exam venue, and receive practical information on all things exam-related from the Exams Officer and her team
- Meet with the tutor team and find out about how your child’s tutor will support their learning and progress
- Find out some practical tips on coping with exam stress
- Gain an insight into the work of examiners and some practical advice on what to do to maximise potential on the exam paper
- Find out how you can support your child in their development of effective study skills throughout years 10 and 11
- Have the opportunity to purchase relevant revision guides
In essence, we wish to provide an opportunity for you and your son/daughter to gain an insight into what the next two years hold in store, the support on offer and how we can all work together to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The evening begins at 6pm and will last for 2 hours. There will be a general talk at the beginning of the evening to start the evening. All displays and materials will be in the PAC and Lower School. On arrival you must sign in at the registration desk which will be in the entrance foyer of the PAC.