Why is work experience valuable ?
It enables students to:
- Find out about the world of work
- Work with adults
- Behave in a responsible and mature way.
- Experience the disciplines of going to work and a daily work routine.
- Learn the employability skills of punctuality, safety, accuracy, good manners and professional conduct.
- To find out which skills and attitudes employers look for.
- Understand some aspects of the way in which a business works, e.g. working conditions and procedures, finance, management, marketing, distribution, customer care etc.
- Learn new skills.
- Gain an increased awareness of their own personal qualities, skills, abilities, strengths and weaknesses build up confidence.
- Develop self reliance and flexibility
- Take responsibility for organizing themselves to travel to and from the work placement