Picnic at the House 2012 - Tuesday July 10th 2012
Tuesday July 10th sees the return of PICNIC at the HOUSE, a summer evening celebration of the Arts, when students from years 7-13 will be participating in music-making, drama and dance performances and art exhibitions.
The evening will start at 6.30pm and end at 9pm. You are warmly invited to bring a picnic and enjoy the events taking place in the grounds and inner rooms of Hinchingbrooke House. Drinks will be available for purchase.
The timetabled programme is subject to change, but the following list gives a flavour of the variety expected:
- Sketches from the Comedy Club
- A Level and GCSE Art exhibitions
- Singing from Hinchingbrooke School Community Choir
- Year 12 students devising drama
- Dances from Year 10 exam classes
- The Glee Singers
- The Orchestra and Swing Band
- Acoustic playing under the tree
- Rhythms of Egypt
- Tours of the House
- Monologues and duologues and improvisational dances from year 7 and 8 clubs
- The 15-minute ‘Hamlet’
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ in pieces
- Saxophone quartet
- Solo performers – cello, piano, voice, flute
- A Level musicians ensemble
And so, what if it rains?
The Assembly Room in the House, the PAC, Drama Studio and OMD have been kept free in case it is unsafe to perform outside. This is clearly not as pleasant a prospect as sitting on the grass in the warmth but, with umbrellas, good humour and a commitment to ‘the show must go on/it’ll be alright on the night’ philosophy, we will press ahead.
Tickets are available on the door but also in advance from the OMD at breaktime (£4 for adults; £2 for children/concessions).
If you have any further questions, please contact Mr Wickstead tw@hinchbk,cambs.sch.uk